Thursday, January 8, 2009

Long Long Week

Well, where do I start? I've been sick all week with a cough and sore throat, and it seems to be getting worse. Luckily the children are still well and we continue to pray that Isaac stays well too! Wednesday I finally called Kathy (my MIL) and she graciously came to take care of the kids while I slept for the afternoon. After she left, the police came through the neighborhood ordering us to evacuate due to likely flooding from the nearby river. It had been raining for 3 days straight and conditions were terrible outside. Isaac left immediately to stay with a friend because he had to be on time to the academy this morning, regardless of the situation at home. I finally decided to leave (after newscastors were broadcasting from my subdivision and strongly urging us to leave) around 7pm and got out about 7:45pm. We stayed at Jim and Kathy's up in Shoreline for the night and I was able to come home around noon today. The river came within 6 inches of flooding which is a scary thought since we're only 1/4 mile from it! I drove this evening to the grocery store and had to take the road that runs parallel to the river and it was actually scary, the water was very close to the edge of the road and the trail for fishermen and joggers was completely gone.
I've very excited for tomorrow because my sister is coming to visit with the baby! We haven't seen each other's babies yet so it'll be so much fun to hang out this weekend. She's already in Washington but tonight she is staying with her friend Shilo, who recently moved up here from CA. I hope everyone else is well and I'll post some pictures from this coming weekend after Jen leaves.

1 comment:

Jaime said...

Holy cow...I am so glad this river didn't flood. How scary. I am glad you guys are ok. I hope you feel better soon.