Thursday, January 15, 2009

Hooray for MucinexDM!

I know, I'm weird, but if I find something that works I like to share it with others! I've had a cough for almost 2 weeks now. A yucky cough, a strong cough, and a really nasty mucousy cough, icky! It finally got so bad that last night and this morning, I was coughing so hard that I gagged and threw up. I decided it was time for a serious remedy to this problem (as the cough drops seemed to do NOTHING for this type of thing) so I went to the store to get some MucinexDM. You know the stuff. If you've ever seen the commercials with the gross dirty little green booger-men that move in to your lungs, you know exactly what type of cough I have, and the best medicine around to help fight it off! I took one early this evening and was virtually cough free the entire night, and when I finally did get around to it, it ended up being quite...um...productive. I know, it's gross to talk about, but I feel so much better with that stuff in my system and can't wait to get rid of it once and for all over the next couple days. Thanks to the meds that kill little green booger-men!
Oh yeah, and Jeanine seems to be doing much better tonight than last night. I think we (ok, I) got no more than 4 hours of sleep last night since the poor kidlet just needed to be held in order to rest, but tonight she went down without a fuss at 7pm and just had her dreamfeed at 10:30pm and went right back in her bed without a problem. We'll see what happens after I get the kitchen cleaned up and climb into bed. Somehow I think her telepathy will kick in and she'll wake right up and decide to cry for 6 hours, but maybe not, lol! Thank you all for your prayers, she is getting better very quickly! (And I'm sure I'm the only mother who'll ever put this in writing for the rest of the world to see, but I actually LIKE it when my kids are pretty sick because it's when they're at their cuddliest and need me the most. It's no fun caring for the snot and the other gross things about illnesses, but the cuddles are great!)

No comments: