Saturday, August 2, 2008

Where's Tom?

So yesterday morning I had a guy looking in our dining room window while John and I were sitting in there, and Isaac was/is out of town! As soon as I saw him he ran away and I didn't get a good look at him at all since I was immediately in freak-out mode, but I did call the cops. They came and took a report which went something like this: black male, dreadlocks, baggy grey sweatshirt. Sad I know, but I was too concerned about getting John out of the room than with getting a proper description. Hopefully he was just checking to see if anyone was home, perhaps because he was going to steal stuff, not peering in maliciously at me! Needless to say I didn't sleep well last night, but that's not much different from any other night lately...hurry up baby!
As for Isaac, the craziness has begun! He's away this weekend at a show, back for 6 days (during which we hope Jeanine is born!), then gone for 7 days 6 nights at another. That is only the beginning of the end-of-summer/fall madness that will be Isaac's work schedule, but monetarily it's already paying off and God has been blessing his work. We hope to get almost entirely debt free this fall so that we can spend our money more wisely on lasting Godly things in the coming months/years. I know this next few months will be hard on all of us, but it will be well worth it in the end, since our children are still too young to remember daddy being gone so much right now.
Isaac also got a job interview with the Kent Fire Department mid to late August, woohoo! They are interviewing 29 people, making a hiring list from those candidates, and beginning an academy in January '09. Please pray that the interview goes well and they look favorably upon Isaac! What a blessing it would be for him to be able to start a new job with the new year!

1 comment:

Leah Zieber said...

Hi Jess, That sounds so scary to have someone looking in a window - I know the feeling - I was alone once with Jonathan and some guy tried to come into my sliding glass door just as I was closing it. I freeked out - grabbed the gun and then the cops wouldn't come to the house cuz I told them I had a gun... It has stuck with me these many years and through much prayer and help from my sister Jeanine I was able to use the verse - Psalm 4:8 - "I will lie down and sleep in peace, for you alone, O Lord, make me dewll in safety." It reminds me that my future and that of my childrens' is ultimately up to our Lord and that we should be prepared for situation but not afraid and dwelling on them. Prayers to you and yours for a successful birth..
Hugs and love, Aunt Leah