Monday, July 28, 2008

Self Portraits and School Time


Just a quick update. I'm now 38 weeks pregnant (or more depending on which dates we use) and getting pretty ready to pop! I'm so excited for Jeanine Marie (yes, we FINALLY named her!) to get here! We are all looking forward to having her peacefully at home with our wonderful midwife Nancy and feel more than prepared for me to go into labor. Johnny is looking forward for baby sister to come out, and tells my huge belly to "hurry up!" every day now. I decided to update today since I've been having more and more fake contractions, which will eventually turn into real ones; I also needed to get all the pictures off the camera to make sure we had a lot of room for pics of the baby!

We've started doing "school time" or "table time" as we call it every weekday with John as well. He is loving the structured learning time (mixed with a lot of play of course), and I'm using a great preschool curriculum for 2-4 year olds that I found at this awesome site in case you're interested. Here's a picture of the very first day (without any curriculum, just made up by mommy herself, lol!) where we played with green playdoh and made circles. John lined them all up and proudly announced he'd made a "capitar", his word for caterpillar.
And here's some goofy pictures from the other day, just being silly at home.

2 comments:

Jen said...

Sure hope we can see you guys soon! Aubies needs a buddy-a girl buddy!

Lauren said...

Looks like table time is going well! :o)