Wednesday, August 13, 2008

The One That Got Away

So last night as I sat alone in my living room watching tv (on my birth ball), my cats started going nuts over by the entryway closet. This used to be their litterbox closet so I thought maybe they were confused and I brought them both to its new location to remind them where it had been moved. They still came back out and laid by the closet so I ignored them. A few minutes later I saw something out of the corner of my eye running across the living room floor and it went right between my feet into the corner, closely followed by the cats!! It was a spider with a body as big as a silver dollar piece, I KID YOU NOT! I jumped up as fast as possible looking for something to kill it with, thinking about the aweful sound it would make if I squished it, and the disgusting amount of guts that would come out of a spider that big and get splattered across my carpet if I got up the nerve to actually do the deed. I ran to the kitchen for the fly swatter (it has a long handle) and when I came back all I saw was the spider running behind the entertainment center! It was gone and still very much alive in my living room. Several things crossed my mind:

1) Spiders are vindictive. This one knew I was coming to kill it and would now be hunting me in my sleep.

2) Now I have to put a towel underneath the bedroom doors so that it can't snuggle up with me or John

3) Spiders move...where is it now!? I'm so afraid now that I'll open a box of cheerios and it'll be staring up at me saying, "What?! My cheerios."

Oh what's a girl to do?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow, this is great. while checking to see if you've had the kid yet, we get entertaining stories about behemoth spiders and heart warming tales of breast milk donation!