Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Product Review/Recommendation

I, like my good friend Lauren, have a weird obsession with having no leg hair, but I still hate to shave. It takes up so much time and water and I have so little of both of those these days (hey, water bills get high in the summertime!) that I decided to try out an epilator like Lauren. The concept of this product is very much like waxing, in the sense that the hairs are being removed at the root, thereby taking much longer to grow back, and growing back much finer. It's basically a rotating head with about 40 pairs of tweezers that pull the hairs out one by one, very quickly. Sounds scary and I'll admit that the first time I epilated my legs it was scary...and painful. I mean P.A.I.N.F.U.L. But nevertheless I stuck it out and I love it! If you can imagine the pain of waxing, which happens all at once and then is over with, multiply that by about a hundred and you'll know what the first time feels like :) BUT, after a full week I barely had any hair on my legs! I did it again after a week and was basically just getting hairs I'd missed the last time and it barely hurt at all. My legs are so smooth and I love not having to shave all summer long! I am so amazed at this product and thought I'd recommend it to any of you ladies who hate shaving or dealing with wax and want something more permanent for your legs and underarms. Definitely a 2 thumbs up for me! Enjoy!
PS-If you get it at Bed Bath & Beyond like I did, make sure to find one of those 20% off coupons before you go, it totally makes it worth it to buy!

1 comment:

The Small Family said...

Ouch! But glad you like it. I tried it a while back and couldn't handle the pain!