Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Diaper Review

So I think this is the beginning of a new era on the Stegman Family blog. I often want to write about things that don't necessarily have much to do with the kids or the things we're up to lately but every time I come to the same conclusion...most of you are here to see pics of the kids. Well, this is something I want to do so you'll have to weed through some extra posts occasionally if you want to see the kids! I'm going to start talking a little about cloth diapering and the products we're using because lots of moms need to know about them! To start off, however, I want to make sure to say that I am in no way affiliated with any cloth diapering company and these are just my honest opinions as a stay-at-home cloth-diapering mom. First off for today, my review on CushytOOsh One-Size Pocket Cloth Diapers!


We have been using CushytOOsh One-Size Pockets (available on Etsy, e-bay, and Hyenacart) for 3 months on one child, and she is now almost 10 months old. The final tally: 1.5 thumbs up!
When I first got the diapers my thoughts were CUTE!! But I also thought the materials (the PUL and fleece inner) seemed a very thin and was a little apprehensive about having spent $100 on diapers I didn't know would work. However, I LOVE these diapers!
Pros: The price!! It's so hard to find diapers of this quality for the price she advertises. I got 10 diapers for $99.95!! The PUL is very thin, I'm guessing a 1 ml thickness, and the fleece is thin, but it also doesn't pill like other diapers I tried in the past, and is still very soft. The white snaps are very durable and don't come open, and are well placed, including on the crossover tabs for more settings. The inserts that come with the diaper are trim, 3 layered microfiber, and very absorbant. I double them up for naps and triple for nighttime, but only because I am overly cautious and don't like washing bedding :) So far in my 3 months of using these diapers we have not had a leak that was the fault of the diaper. If we had leaks it was because I improperly stuffed it for a wrong amount of time, or I waited entirely too long (4 hours, I know, terrible!) before changing a diaper with one insert after my heavy wetter had had an 8oz. bottle.
Cons: Only 5 colors, I want more! I got 2 of the cow print ones but they are not completely waterproof and are now labeled as swim diapers on her websites. I also live in an area of the country that doesn't permit, except for about 2 months out of the year, line drying. Because of this I have washed and dried them each over 80 times and can definitely tell that the elastic is starting to wear out.
Overall these diapers are fabulous and I would recommend them to anyone who needs a cheap stash to start off with!
If you need a fantastic website to weed through that has everything you'll ever need to know about cloth, please check out Lauren's cloth blog, The Diaper Diaries!

No comments: