Tuesday, November 25, 2008

I guess it's been a while...

Well I've been busy lately getting everything just right and perfect in the house and kinda forgot to take pictures! We've been doing pretty well, other than the fact that I'm still going CRAZY without any dairy. When I do have dairy, it turns poor Jeanine into a spitty gross mess and the whole family is worse off because of it! Let's just say yuck! when it comes to the amount she's spitting up lately, and I'm slowly and sadly becoming more okay with the idea of switching to formula instead of continuing breastfeeding. I don't know how long it'll take me to accept it fully and make the switch, but I think it'll happen eventually because I just cannot be happy and healthy without dairy in my diet. So I guess over the next few weeks I'll either get over the 'no dairy' rule or we'll make the costly switch to formula. Either way she's getting fed (thanks Lauren!) which is more than some moms do, so I guess I'm still a good mom lol! I'm just trying to figure out my reasons for being so upset about possibly having to make this switch. It's an emotional process for me.
Sunday at church:Jeanine is sick today, her eyes are all poofy and red and she's a snotty spitty mess, ick! I feel terrible for her but it's still gross taking care of a sick baby, lol! We're praying she gets well soon so she's not miserable anymore. Here's some pictures of the last couple days. We just put her in the exersaucer Sunday night for the first time and she loved it! I had to take most of the toys off it though because she was overstimulated.
Jeanine, 3 months old, exersaucer:

2 comments:

Emily said...

If you do decide to wean, I should point out that formula is dairy. It is made of cow's milk. So if she has a dairy allergy, formula is the last thing she should have! Could you maybe look into donor milk? I eat mostly dairy-free now, but I don't have enough milk for a full donation supply, otherwise I would gladly send you some!

Jen said...

Those pictures of her on that really great burp cloth are sooo cute! I love seeing her smile like that, it's very adorable.

Aubrey can't wait to meet her new cousin (and older cousin for that matter!).

Do you still want me to send you that soy formula?