Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Gosh I'm SO Pregnant!

Well maybe I just feel that way lol! It's not too bad, she's quite a good baby in there, with only the occasional left hook to the bladder. I'm just starting to feel the strain of this big belly but it's to be expected at 7 months (33 weeks). John and I have been going outside a lot more lately. The other day we went to the play area in our apartment complex, and today we sat on the grass behind our apartment and had some treats. It's getting much nicer here, I can't wait for this weekend! Sunny and 80 degrees, woohoo!
And this is my silly kid who steals my spot every time I get up from resting! We actually got him his own keyboard from a garage sale to play with as a toy and he loves it. He thinks he's pretty cool typing like mommy.

Hmm, what else? Well I've been looking into different midwives in the area and found one that I think will be a great fit! I have an appointment with her on Thursday to discuss care options and whether or not we can all agree on the safety of a home birth with this pregnancy. She'll be reviewing my chart up until this point and then we'll see! She is also a wonderful Christian lady and we seemed to have a lot in common during our phone conversation. Please pray that we continue to make wise choices for me and baby girl for the rest of the pregnancy.

Isaac was also just offered a free office downtown by the Tacoma Dome by the Cutco district manager. Of course he took it, so I finally have my dining room back, yay! It's been pretty packed in there for about 5-6 months now and this office was quite a blessing. So for the last several days now I've been in organizing and cleaning phase, getting the dining room back to how it was, and rearranging (in my head, Isaac did the moving!) furniture. I think I'm nesting already, what do you think?! I also moved a few things around in the kids' room today and finished some things up in there. It's nice to be done for the most part, but now what am I going to do with the remaining 7 weeks!? Guess I'll just have to find things to read and clean before she's here.

Tomorrow we are all very excited to go to Seattle and meet up with our good friends the Blands. They flew all the way from GA to visit their family (and us), and to go on an Alaskan cruise (lucky)! We're going to pick them up in the afternoon and spend some time in the city, and then eat at the Cheesecake Factory, yum! It will be so nice to see our friends again, it's been a long time.

Well I think that's all. We're trying to keep things simple and low key around here so I can get my rest and grow a nice big baby. Isaac's working a lot like usual, but things are going pretty well. John is getting the concept of having a baby sister more and more also! He always wants to hug and kiss my tummy now and he spontaneously tells her "I love you" without being prompted. I think he's going to be a sweet big brother...until she goes for his toys in a few months, lol!

No comments: