Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Our Little Gummy Bear



Isn't s/he cute!? I guess...kinda weird looking at 3D pictures of our little one so early but we think it's so cool! I had my first ultrasound today and they changed my due date to August 7th (from the 11th, no big deal) and said everything looks good so far. I did the typical giving of several vials of blood, filled out some paperwork (though there's a separate appointment to fill out most of it next Tuesday), made some more appointments, added our insurance, etc. etc. We were all there for over an hour and it was quite a disaster for John (he hates doctors) but we made it and it's so nice to have some wonderful pictures of the tiny guy.

If you don't know what you're looking at, I don't know how to help since there's no labels. It's pretty cut and dry that it's a baby, head looking down, arms up, and legs meeting at the feet. The bulge on baby's stomach is supposed to be some of the internal organs which are still forming outside the body, and you can see the umbilical cord coming away from the chest for now. Hope it makes sense to your eyes!

1 comment:

Carolyn M said...

Hey Jess! Well it's good to hear that you are doing so well... for the most part! I stumbled onto your blog because of Jen's, it's great to get an update! What a little cutie you have there, mine's on his way this April, due the 13th. I'm so excited! Isn't it so fun to have a young family? Jim and I got a dog just before we got pregnant, so we are growing fast. Well I hope that you start to feel better soon, that stage is not too much fun:( Talk to ya soon!
~Carolyn Millen