Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Smash! Crash!

While this book is one of our favorites at home, it is not the way I prefer to spend my Tuesday afternoon/evening. Yesterday, while making a trip to Kent to drop some things off at the new house (yes we're moving in case you hadn't heard), I needed the key so I drove to the fire station to get it from Isaac. While pulling across some traffic that seemed clear, someone hit our van and smashed it to smitherines. The kids and I are fine and quite shaken, but no injuries. Isaac was the first fireman on scene, lol! They took good care of us and the other driver was also unharmed, though I'm sure she's just as sore as we all are today as well! We haven't heard if the van is totalled but we think it probably is. The airbags were deployed, leaving nice burns on my arm and hand (better than smashing my face I suppose), and the front of my car is gone. The engine took the majority of the hit. Kids were shaken and cried a little but were excited to see all the action afterwards. I was taken to the hospital to check on the baby since I'm prego and the hit was pretty hard. I have some mild uterine bruising and need to take it easy for a couple days, but nothing to worry too much about. The bean was VERY active, bouncing around like a wild man during the ultrasound! We are so thankful for God's protection, as He obviously knew we would be in an accident and only by his grace was no one hurt. If the crash had been 1 second later, Johnny could have been T-boned and seriously injured. We would appreciate your prayers through this time with insurance, 1 car for the family, moving (Saturday, any helpers!? Please?!), and the pregnancy.

1 comment:

Debbi said...

OH!!! I am so glad that everyone is okay - and little bean was moving around so much! What a relief seeing that:) Do you need to send kiddo's over here so you can rest or pack? Give me a call - I feel lame we lived so close and never got together and now you are leaving.