Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Look!

I'm so proud of myself...wayyy more proud than I should be, lol! I looked high and low for a pair of soft cheap shoes to match Jeanine's dress for Easter Sunday and couldn't find anything worth paying for. My friend Lauren has been making soft shoes for her daughter for a while now so I decided to give it a try, and I'm so thrilled with the outcome! Anyone who knows me knows that I don't really venture into sewing anything that isn't a straight line, but these were pretty straightforward and simple once I dove in. I really enjoyed making something myself and can't wait to put them on her tiny feet in the morning...or maybe I could wake her up at 11:30pm to see if they fit ;)

6 comments:

The Small Family said...

You should be proud. Those are super cute! I want to see them in person when we come over today!

Jaime said...

WOW!! Good job Jessica. They are so cute!

The Martinez Family said...

Jess! Those are super cute! I can't wait to see them on Easter Sunday.

Jen said...

nice!

The Lays said...

Not Fair! I wish I knew how to do those kind of things! They are adorable! Great Job!

Julie said...

I'm so proud! As a mom whose passion is and has been sewing since jr. high it's great to have you join the ranks! The shoes are adorable.