Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Vaccuums and Cake
Well we had John's first birthday party in Augusta on Saturday and it was a blast! We had 11 adults and 8 kids (2 four year olds and 6 babies under 14 months!), it was quite crowded in our little place! John had a lot of fun playing with his new toys and got pretty messy in his piece of cake. I don't think he liked getting very messy though, he eventually stopped touching the cake and just held his hands out for me to clean them, and wanted me to feed him some cake with a fork. One of John's favorite gifts so far has been the mini vaccuum cleaner he got from Teressa.Up until now, the bane of my existence has been vaccuuming because John would scream the whole time until I was done, and follow me around crying. Now that he has his own vaccuum, he pulls it all over the house with him and sits with it while I vaccuum. Yay for great gift ideas, there is no more screaming while I vaccuum!
Other than that, we've been pretty laid back around here. We are still trying to sell our house, but even though we get lots of interest, we have yet to recieve an offer. I'm sure God is just preparing us for the right buyer in His timing, not ours. Another great development in Isaac's career is that he was "officially" accepted to be a Cutco business gift consultant, which means we need to move to Washington by the fall, hopefully no later than the first week of October. We have already set that week aside for our move and put a hold on a moving truck, so hopefully our timing is according to the homebuyer God will bring to us! If not, there are other options, but we are definitely going to be gone from Augusta this fall. I'm getting kind of sad to leave my church and my good friends, but I know that there are ways to keep in touch, we can visit, and I'm sure God has some other friends for me in Tacoma. I'm so nervous though!
Okay, well here are some pictures of the birthday party; I didn't get many of our guests, just of John.

Blowing out the candle


John looks disgusted with it!


Getting into it...


Yuck mom, clean it off!

Getting ready to start screaming...


Opening gifts

2 comments:

Jodi Jennison said...

Happy 1st Birthday John!
Those are great pic's! Austin was the same way with his cake! :)
Shawn and I are really excited that you guys are moving up here!
Talk to you soon and take care!!

Anonymous said...

Hey baby, Thanks for keeping up with this. I love you and Johnny so much! -Isaac